Why choose Landlord insurance?
A residential investment property needs to be appropriately protected. Landlord insurance can give you the peace of mind and confidence that your property will be looked after should something go wrong.
The better you understand your policy, the easier it will be if you ever have to claim.
To help you decide the cover you need, Here’s a brief outline:
Cover for the unexpected: Protect your investment property and landlord’s contents from insured events such as theft, fire, storm and malicious damage.
Rental costs after an insured event: If your buildings are damaged by an insured event and can’t be lived in by your tenant, or, we agree access to or the use of your buildings was not possible after an insured event Allianz will pay for your loss of rent on the buildings for up to 12 months.
Landlord contents: Allianz will pay for repair or replacement of contents you own and provide for your tenant’s use as a result of an insured event. If you select buildings cover, Allianz will pay up to $10,000. Alternatively, if you select contents cover, Allianz will pay, up to the sum insured.
Ways to save:
- Pay by the month at no extra cost.3
- You may qualify for up to 30% No Claim Bonus discount on your premium1,2
Get a quote for Landlord Insurance
Ready to get a quote
Get your online quote today
Want to talk later?
Already an HSBC Australia customer with Online Banking
New to HSBC Australia or existing customer without Online Banking
Apply by phone
If you purchased home or landlord insurance before 16 November 2020, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statements (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS and the Buildings or Contents Key Fact Sheets.
Call us today
Call 1300 131 605 from Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (AEST)
You might be interested in
Terms & Conditions
- If you are eligible for more than one discount, Allianz applies them in a predetermined order. This means any subsequent discount will be applied to the reduced premium amount after applying any prior discounts and the effect of the subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the aggregate effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means that you will not see the full benefit of both these discounts.
Discounts do not apply to taxes or government charges.
Discounts do not apply to optional covers for Domestic Workers Compensation / Landlord Workers Compensation, and may not apply to other optional covers (if available and selected).
Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and may only apply to the extent that any minimum premium is not reached.
- When you take out a new policy, we calculate your No Claims Bonus (NCB) based on your home or landlord (as applicable) insurance claims history. To qualify for the maximum No Claims Bonus of 30%, home insurance customers must have had no Building or Contents insurance claims in the preceding 5years. Landlord customers must have had no Landlord insurance claims in the preceding 3 years. However, customers who have had claims may still qualify for a reduced No Claim Bonus.
- If you choose to pay your premium by instalments you do not pay us any more than if you pay your premium in one lump sum annually. The premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Note: Your financial institution may apply transaction fees to instalment payments.
Landlord insurance is issued by and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (Allianz) ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. HSBC Bank Australia Limited (HSBC) ABN 48 006 434 162 AFSL 232595 acts as an agent for Allianz in providing its arranging and referral services and may provide general advice in relation to the products mentioned. We do not take into account what you currently have, want or need for your financial future. You should consider these matters and read the Product Disclosure Statement before you make a decision. A copy of the PDS is available at www.dentalaed.com, by visiting an HSBC branch or calling 1300 308 008. HSBC receives commission, which is a percentage of the premium, details can be provided on request. HSBC does not guarantee or accept liability for any products offered by Allianz.