An award-winning everyday account, for here and overseas
How your Everyday Global Account can help you
In addition to Everyday Extras1 rewards, you'll also enjoy:
- $0 Monthly account fee3
- $0 Transaction fees
- $0 ATM fees4 charged by HSBC Australia
- Fraud protection covered by Visa Zero Liability5
Use online and mobile banking 24x7 to check your account balance, see your Everyday Extras1 earnings and to transfer between currencies or to other accounts.
Watch how you can:
- Use your own money for purchases in Australia, overseas and online without the hidden fees.
- Enjoy the convenience and security of Visa payWave, Google PayTM and Apple Pay8.
- Access competitive real time10 exchange rates.
- Switch between currencies instantly 24/7 wherever you are using the mobile app.
Make the most of currency movements as they occur when exchanging foreign currency within HSBC accounts or making international transfers10.
USD and HKD currency note transactions are only available at selected HSBC Branches11. Please give the branch 24 hours’ notice for USD and HKD cash withdrawals, and we’ll do our best to make this available, however, it’s subject to branch availability. To find out more please call us on 1300 308 008.
Fees and charges
Fees and charges for the Everyday Global Account
The HSBC Everyday Global Account currently pays no interest in any currency.
Apply for an Everyday Global Account
New to HSBC?
Complete your application online today.
Already an HSBC customer?
Apply using the Mobile Banking App or Online Banking.
Not registered for Online Banking? Register now.
Apply by phone or branch
Terms & Conditions
- HSBC Everyday Extras is a feature of the HSBC Everyday Global Account. You will be eligible for Everyday Extras if you deposit at least AUD2,000 into your HSBC Everyday Global Account before the last working day of each calendar month. For more information refer to the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms.
- Where a currency is not one of the listed currencies available with the Everyday Global Account or is in a restricted currency (such as Chinese Renminbi (CNY), the money will be deducted from the AUD account. Any ATM withdrawals will be automatically converted into the local currency at the Visa exchange rate.
- Other banking services fees and charges may apply.
- Non-HSBC branded ATMs may also charge an ATM operator fee for withdrawals or balance enquiries at their ATMs.
- Visa Zero Liability subject to investigation of unauthorised transaction.
- The $100 bonus is paid to new HSBC customers who open an HSBC Everyday Global Account from 12:00am AEDT 1 August 2019 to 11:59pm AEDT 31 December 2020 and deposit AUD 2,000 or more per month for three consecutive months within six months of opening the account. Refer to the Cash Bonus Terms and Conditions (PDF,228 KB).
- You will earn 2% cashback on eligible purchases under $100 when you tap and pay with Visa payWave, Apple Pay or Google Pay?. This will be paid into your Everyday Global Account with the maximum cashback you can earn being $50 per calendar month. Eligible purchases must be made in Australian Dollars and where the merchant or its financial institution/ payment processor is registered in Australia. Purchases which are excluded for cashback include business, gambling and government transactions (including public transport). For the full exclusion list, refer to the Transaction and Savings Account Terms.
- Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- If you have an Everyday Global Account, we’ll give you 0.4% p.a. in addition to the ongoing variable rate for your Serious Saver Account. This is on the condition that you deposit at least AUD 2,000 into your Everyday Global Account before the last working day of each calendar month. Bonus interest is calculated daily, starting the working day after you deposit AUD 2,000 into your Everyday Global Account and paid on the 28th day of each calendar month. The bonus 0.4% p.a. is not paid on balances over AUD 1,000,000.
- The real time exchange rate is the exchange rate in the market a few seconds before the exchange rate is given to you. Real time exchange rates only apply on the currencies we offer and will vary on how you transact, for more information read the Personal Banking terms. The HSBC daily rate applies when the FX market is closed on weekends and applies on all future dated transactions. Transfer fees and correspondent bank fees may apply for transfers outside of HSBC Australia. FX transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC FX accounts should not be used for speculative purposes.
- All in branch cash transactions are restricted to AUD, USD and HKD. USD and HKD currency note transactions are only available at selected HSBC Branches. For USD and HKD deposits, these must be notes only and in multiples of 10. Cash transactions in USD and HKD are subject to cash handling fees. Please refer to the Personal Banking Booklet for more information.
The HSBC Everyday Global Account was awarded the Canstar 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value – Travel Debit Card in September 2018/2019 and Outstanding Value – Transaction Account April 2020 and the Rate City Gold Award for ‘Best Bank Account’ May 2020.
This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB) and Financial Services Guide (PDF, 906 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.dentalaed.com. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.